Coded UI automated tests! Sounds good, uh? Well, yes, it’s very exciting to see how a machine is simulating that is playing with your app while input some predefine values in your textboxes and performing some actions. Said that, it’s good to know where you can create and apply these Coded UI Tests.
First, supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 RD
- Windows 8
- .NET 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4 and 4.5
Second, Platform Support:
- Windows Phone Apps: Supported
- Windows Store Apps: Fully supported including HTML5 in IE9 and IE10
- Internet Explorer 8 and 9.
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11: is only supported on the desktop, not Modern UI
- Windows Forms and WPF: Fully supported
- Internet Explorer 6 and 7: Not supported
- Chrome: Recording of action steps is not supported. Coded UI Test can be played back on Chrome and Firefox.
- Opera: Not supported.
- Safari: Not supported
- Silverlight Not supported
- Flash/Java: Not supported
- Windows Win32 and MFC: Partially supported
- SharePoint: Fully supported
- Office Client Applications: Not supported
- Dynamics CRM web client: Fully supported
- Dynamics AX 2012: Action recording and playback are partially supported
- SAP: Not supported
- Citrix/Terminal Services: Partially supported
- PowerBuilder: Partially supported
Of course, when the talk about ASP.NET, HTML5 pages, these are included in the fully supported list of apps.
If you want to know how to Create, Edit and Maintain a Coded UI Test, check this out: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ff977233